Sunday 22 May 2011

FMSSAS eNews 11.05.21


Hello Everyone

It has been so good to be home this week, to be reunited with family, to welcome friends to my home, to have constant internet access and to progress with mobility.  I look forward to dispensing with the leg splint and walking aids.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
WORDz FOR THE WEEK
I wasn’t very ‘with it’ last week!! Apologies for errors!!!
18.   (Should have been-)  You don’t stop playing because you are old; you grow old because you stop playing.
19.  (Should have been-)  If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance!
20.  I am the author of my life.  Unfortunately I’m writing in pen and I can’t erase my mistakes . . . so >>> Create a “Best Seller!”
I was sad to discover that Donnie Kuhn who assembled all these sayings and published the book WORDs FOR THE DAY, died last week on May 11th, aged 45. 
Donnie was diagnosed with severe congenital emphysema about five years ago and recently underwent lung volume reduction surgery.  He was known for his frequent visits, in his wheelchair, to the roadside near his house where he smiled and waved at passing motorists and was a great inspiration to them.  His WORDz have been a great inspiration to me and it is why I am sharing them with you.  Should you wish to purchase the book it is available from http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreSearchResults.aspx?SearchType=smpl&SearchTerm=Wordz+for+the+Day
Donnie said of himself  and his book “I am a 41 year old husband & father of three that did the only thing that I could possibly do (in my mind) after receiving a diagnosis of death; {Yes, that not breathing, grave yard dead type of aliment you don’t recover from.}  I started trying to think ‘happy’ thoughts, ‘dancing in the rain if you will’. At first I mainly just got wet.. But I soon after actually began enjoying life and ANYTHING it could throw at me. What you will read within the ‘covers’ I hope can bring a smile to your face (it hasn’t failed yet.) It has brought me from the dark yucky place I was in to where everyone who knows me will tell you. I am truly and genuinely a very happy man. ( FYI..  My diagnosis is Severe Congenital Emphysema with 26% (of 100%) Lung Capacity) My Pulmonollogist (lung Doctor) told me in OCT of 07' that within two years I have a 50% chance of being dead; unless I get sick too many times between now and then, "then he said, it would be sooner."  I'm just someone who would love to help anyone that I have been given the opportunity to reach; to make a glowing smile that radiates pure happiness out of those yucky frowns.”
He outlived the doctor’s prognosis and gave pleasure to many people.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
The Faces of Fibromyalgia
 A recent survey of people living with diagnosed or undiagnosed fibromyalgia or another chronic pain condition revealed the significant impact of pain on daily activities including work, personal relationships and pivotal life decisions.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Audios & Videos for Download
For £10 Life Membership you are offered limitless hypnosis Audios & Videos available on this website.
Covers Relaxation, Chronic Pain Relief, Insomnia etc.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Special one-day workshops
The Challenge of Pain – 10th June – see flyer www.fms-sas.co.uk/docs/PainDay110610.doc
Workshop for sufferers of Fibromyalgia - 24th June – see flyer www.fms-sas.co.uk/docs/FibroDay110624.doc
Both at The Hilton Hotel, Avisford Park Near Arundel, West Sussex 10.30am – 4.30pm, £85 per person to include all refreshments and lunch with Sue-Ellen Nicholls and Nicky Stoddard.
Please note the hotel is offering special overnight rates for anyone attending one of the workshops.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
What are you affirming to yourself?
Rebecca Richmond says “Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation, and which are repeated many times, in order to trigger the unconscious mind into action to achieve a positive outcome.”
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Genetic link for depression found
“Scientists have for the first time established a genetic cause for depression narrowing it down to a specific chromosome,”
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
“Thankful” By Oprah Winfrey
An inspirational article.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
East Sussex LINk – Newsletter May 2011
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
West Sussex LINk – Newsletter May 2011
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
THE VULNERABLE MANIFESTO
Society continues to poison me with its toxins;
this cruel, unjust society that is so comfortable in its greediness.
Society rejects me for not producing and not consuming as those with healthier bodies do,
while the owners of the toxic industries mock me and get richer. . . . . .
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
FibroCenter
Fibromyalgia Community Guide - The Faces of Fibromyalgia
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
I hope I haven’t made too many mistakes this week!  My intentions are good.  My capabilities might be a little askew at present.  Your understanding is sought!!
Best wishes to you all
Stella

N.B. I would like to point out to you all that the information in my eNewsletters does not necessarily infer endorsement by the charity Fibromyalgia Support for Surrey & Sussex.   Any advice or recommendation of a medical or legal nature must always be discussed with a qualified professional. The charity cannot be held responsible for omissions and/or errors.
Sites I refer you to are for information only.  They might conflict in their opinions, they might not even be medically sound, but I merely offer them for you to peruse and make your own judgements, accept or reject as you will.  Only by reading widely can we get an overall picture of fibromyalgia syndrome and how we can deal with its symptoms, learn to cope with them and still have a life.
I also include various awareness and local issues as well as general health considerations.

No comments:

Post a Comment