Saturday 6 August 2011

FMSSAS eNews 11.08.06


Hi Everyone
I would like to thank all those members who attended the Special General Meeting held last Monday.  Although the majority were Trustees and Horsham Group members  a quorum was achieved.  Thanks go too to those who used their proxy votes.  The resolution: “It is resolved that the draft revised constitution be adopted in its entirety.”  was passed unanimously.  The presentation by Jeanne Hambleton and Simon Stuart about the FMS conference held in April was well received.  Members were inspired to consider attending the next one in April 2011.  More details will be available soon, but if you want to book or learn more please email fibcon2012bookings@gmail.com or tel: 0844 887 2508 or 07806 808862 for information.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
WORDz FOR THE WEEK
31.  And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count; it’s the life in your years.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
FMS Rendezvous at Wiston Tea Rooms on 20th August
Whether or not you attend the Brighton, Horsham or Worthing Support Group meetings, if you live within reach of Wiston (between Steyning and Ashington) you will be welcome. 
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
 Stress affects well being and wellness
Amongst other things about stress Rebecca Richmond says “On the 3rd and 4th September, I am running a two day workshop , where I will share with attendees information that has transformed my life. This is not a Fibromyalgia workshop specifically and is suitable for anyone who is suffering from stress or wants to make changes in the way they perceive their life and improve their well being.”
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Email Friend required
“I don’t know anyone with fibromyalgia and would quite like to be able to correspond with someone who also has it and is housebound like me. I don’t feel confident to use chatrooms so it would just be on an individual basis. 
I am 61 years old I think! I am an artist and spend all the time I can in my summerhouse painting. I have lots of interests. I live on my own with 2 cats. I was a nurse before I became unwell. I have problems with my spine and have severe pain. Hopefully I will be having surgery soon. “
Please email me if you are interested.  fmssas2@gmail.com
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Debbie Stevens’ Early Autumn Offers
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Side Effects of Tens Machines
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Openness to psychological explanations and treatment among people with Fibromyalgia versus Rheumatoid Arthritis.
https://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind1107e&L=co-cure&T=0&P=4141
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Metabolic Abnormalities in Pain-Processing Regions of Patients with Fibromyalgia: A 3T MR Spectroscopy Study.
https://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind1107e&L=co-cure&T=0&P=3777
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Holland and Barratt Sale
Buy one item, get another for 1 penny.  A good way to stock up on supplements.  346 products available.  Delivery is only £1.99.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Daily Living with Fibromyalgia
Living with fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome is challenging, necessitating a variety of coping skills to help you make it through each day with a sense of satisfaction.
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Fibromyalgia Latest Research
Written by the OrganizedWisdom Team with Nicole Kinsey as the reviewer. All original content is supervised by the The OrganizedWisdom Medical Review Team
Fibromyalgia research focuses on the malfunctioning of the central nervous system. Researchers are also looking into medications that can help to reduce symptoms of the condition.
A selection of related articles
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
Enough for now.  Must get back to knitting!  Any more offers of knitters?

Stella

N.B. I would like to point out to you all that the information in my eNewsletters does not necessarily infer endorsement by the charity Fibromyalgia Support for Surrey & Sussex.   Any advice or recommendation of a medical or legal nature must always be discussed with a qualified professional. The charity cannot be held responsible for omissions and/or errors.
Sites I refer you to are for information only.  They might conflict in their opinions, they might not even be medically sound, but I merely offer them for you to peruse and make your own judgements, accept or reject as you will.  Only by reading widely can we get an overall picture of fibromyalgia syndrome and how we can deal with its symptoms, learn to cope with them and still have a life.  I also include various awareness and local issues as well as general health considerations.  Anyone wishing to reproduce any of the above items in printed form should seek permission from the originators.


No comments:

Post a Comment